One of the questions I get asked the most from my customers is, how do I measure my wall correctly? Aside from paying a few hundred dollars to have an installer measure your wall for you, which will probably take away some of the stress and anxiety about getting in wrong. Below are a few handy tips that will make things much easier for you. After all, this is the most crucial part of the job, getting the measurements right!
- Get a friend to give you a hand
- Make sure your measuring tape is long enough
- Draw your wall out on a piece of paper - just two lines for the length and width is good enough.
- Measure from the top of the skirting to the to where the cornice meets the wall
- Once you get your first measurement, write it down exactly. Do NOT round up the numbers. For example, if you get 267.5cm do not round up the number to 268cm.
- Measure the width of the wall and write down the exact numbers.